Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's a Small World

Little Sailor Small 3 Tier SGD Diaper Cake
My boss was the first person to ask me to make a cake for her...the minute I started talking about making diaper cakes, she told me she wanted one for a baby shower she was throwing for her friends daughter at the lake where they go boating.  The mommy-to-be at the shower is someone I went to Jr. High and High School with...SMALL WORLD!   She is expecting a little boy in November and I am so excited for her.

The shower was a sailing/boating theme so I tried to stick with the theme of the event.  :)  I went out and found a few different items that had sailboats and teddy bear sailors...you wouldn't believe how hard those are to find at the beginning of Fall...sailing is generally a Spring theme, I guess.  :)  I found some great items for the cake.  A paci with a sailboat a couple of adorable outfits and a bib.  Where are the outfits? (I know you are wondering...)  They are the 'filling' inside of the cake!  The outfits were too large to put on the cake so I wrapped them up and put them inside.  The cake ended up a little larger width-wise and there are still the same amount of diapers.  It will give the mommy and daddy to be something to open at a later time.  I love surprises!!  AHHH the possibilities are endless.  Congratulations Liz!

1 comment: